Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ann and two adoring younger sisters


This was taken sometime in 1956. As you can see, Jean and Barbara were just adoring me, their wonderful older sister. Note: Jean's mouth is big and wide as usual. Barbara was nicer (but of course she was younger). I remember that nightgown! It was white flannel with different colored polka dots. We used to wear those hair things at night to keep the pin curls from falling out. We used to put our hair up in rag curlers or else pincurls made with bobby pins. It was not until later that we used hard plastic rollers.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Jean looks like she's wearing lipstick!

Rebecca said...

You and your nightgown/robes!

Jay and Emily said...

I think my mom is laughing at your big teeth!!! I'm just kidding, I love to tease you.

Rachel said...

polka-dots are sooo in :)